If you plan to work with Uber, you should go for a car that is affordable, comfortable, and economical.
Most of the cars that fit these criteria are SUVs, but sedans with spacious cabins can also get a pass.
In this post, we review the four Honda models we think are most suitable for Uber.
Is Honda Good For Uber?
Yes. Honda cars are known to be reliable and easy to maintain, which makes them more than suitable for Uber.
They have spacious cabins, seats that are comfortable for both the drivers and passengers, and high gas mileage.
This, coupled with the high-quality parts, means they can handle the arduous taxi schedule quite well.
The best part is that Honda cars are almost always cheaper than similar models in any given category.
Learn more in our guide: Is Honda Fit good For Uber?
Does Uber Pay More For Newer Cars?
No. Uber does not have different compensation schemes for drivers with newer vehicles.
As long as your car passes your local inspection and meets Uber’s basic requirements, your basic pay will be constant with other drivers.
Nonetheless, there are several categories of Uber services, and having a newer car may be an advantage if it’s also luxurious.
- UberX – It is the basic and cheapest level of service. The car must be a 2002 model or newer and needs to have at least four passenger seats.
- UberXL: As the name suggests, it offers riders with low-priced rides but on more spacious vehicles than UberX. For a car to qualify, it has to be a large SUV or minivan with at least 6 passenger seats.
- UberSELECT/UberPLUS: Basically a more upscale version of UberX. Requires cars with spacious, impeccable, leather interiors and made in 2009 or later.
- UberBLACK: These are mostly black SUVs with seating capacities of at least 4 passengers. The cars must be in excellent condition and made in 2012 or later.
- UberSUV: It is the luxury class, and as the name suggests, your car needs to be an SUV to qualify. It also needs to be a 2012 make or newer, and have a passenger capacity of six or more.
Learn more: Is Tesla Good For Uber?
What Kind Of Cars Are Best For Uber?
The best cars for Uber are those that are affordable, easy to maintain, fuel-efficient, and comfortable for passengers.
In this regard, we highly recommend hybrid or fully electric cars as they are much cheaper to manage.
For instance, hybrid models, like the Hybrid CR-V, can give you up to 40 miles per gallon of gas.
When it comes to passenger comfort, SUVs are the best option, particularly ones that can hold more than four passengers.
Nonetheless, there are still some spacious four-seaters and sedans that can give you good returns.
Other passenger comfort features to look out for include the infotainment systems, WiFi hotspot capabilities, and adjustable seats.
Best Honda For Uber
1. Honda Accord
The latest Accord update contains a variety of passenger utility features that makes it ideal for Uber.
These include passenger vanity mirrors, passenger illuminated visor mirrors, and a respectable 40.4 inches of leg space.
Its leather-trimmed rear seats can comfortably accommodate four passengers while the driver’s seat is power adjustable, offering high-level comfort.
What’s more, the model maintains its renowned fuel economy, giving you 30 and 38 mpg on city streets and highways respectively.
If you get the hybrid version, the gas mileage increases considerably to 48 mpg in the city and 47 on highways.
- Wireless charging compartment
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seats
- Push-button start
- 8-inch infotainment screen
- Driver assists; automatic headlights, adaptive cruise control, and lane-keeping assist
- Automatic emergency braking system
- 192 Horsepower
- 1.5L Turbocharged Four-cylinder engine
- Very affordable price
- Remarkable gas mileage
- Spacious cabin
- Comes with a plethora of driver assists and safety features
- Some clients may be put off by how noisy the engine on the standard version is
2. Acura RDX
To venture into the higher-end categories like UberLUX and UberBLACK, you should consider getting a luxury SUV like the Acura RDX.
The model is one of the best on the market and is packed with passenger-friendly tech features.
These include well-padded, Ultrasuede-trimmed seats, insulated interior, panoramic moonroof, and ambient LED cabin lighting.
From a driver’s perspective, the car is comfortable and breathtaking to drive, though not exactly economical.
Among its noteworthy driver-assist features include a blind spot information system and a powerful surround-view camera.
- Driver assists; Blind Spot Information System, Low Speed Braking Control, Surround-View Camera
- 2.0L VTEC Turbo Engine with 272 Horsepower
- 10-speed transmission
- Mpg rating: 22 city/28 highway
- Integrated Dynamic System that lets you choose driving modes
- 79.8 cubic feet maximum storage space
- 60/40 split-fold seats
- 10.2-inch dashboard display
- Wireless Charging
- Wi-Fi Hotspot capability
- Iconic Drive Ambient Cabin Lighting
- Comfortable and relatively noiseless riding
- Impressive infotainment features
- Spacious cabin
- Large cargo carrying capacity
- Fairly expensive to buy and maintain
The Honda CR-V is a mini-SUV that was seemingly made for passenger and driver comfort.
Key to the model’s runaway popularity is its classy design, impressive power, and low price.
Despite being a rather powerful SUV, its gas mileage ranges between 28-34 mpg.
Even better, there is a Hybrid version that offers 40 mpg and even lower maintenance costs.
The spacious cabin on the CR-V, which includes heated front seats and 40.4 inches of leg space, offers peak comfort.
The seats are also high enough to allow both driver and passengers to get in and out without struggling.
For its small size, the CR-V also offers amazing cargo space, running up to 75.8 cubic feet.
- Heated front seats
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Easy fold-down rear seats
- 212 Horsepower
- 1.5L In-Line 4-Cylinder Engine with Turbocharger
- 75.8 cubic feet storage space
- Great fuel efficiency
- Spacious cabin
- Easy to maintain
- Has a lower seating capacity than its competitors
Not many Ubers or even taxis happen to be pickup trucks but there’s always an exception to every rule.
The Honda Ridgeline is a powerful and compact truck that feels more like an SUV than a traditional pickup.
It is the ideal car if you live in a smaller city where longer trips and off-road drives are commonplace.
The truck has a spacious cabin that can accommodate five passengers, including the driver, and a decently-sized truck bed.
The truck bed can hold 33.9 cubic feet of cargo, and the truck’s maximum payload is 1583 lbs.
Nonetheless, the 2022 Ridgeline is more than just a beast of burden.
It also comes with most tech features found in the models described above.
These include a moonroof, the latest driver-assist features, and leather-trimmed interior seats.
- 3.5L V6 Engine with 280 Horsepower
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Heated front seats
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System
- 8-inch display touchscreen
- Truck-bed audio system
- i-VTM4 All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Traction Management
- Gas mileage: 18 mpg city/ 24 mpg highway
- Large cargo capacity
- Powerful engine and great off-road capabilities
- Spacious and comfortable seating
- High towing capacity
- The price is relatively steep
Which Honda Is Best For Uber?
If you prefer the UberX package, we would recommend getting the Honda Accord.
It is affordable and easy to maintain and gives you good gas mileage.
All these features allow you to fully take advantage of the low commissions that Uber pays for this tier of service.
However, if you are planning on getting into a more lucrative tier, such as Uber Lux or Uber Black, we recommend the Acura RDX.
Honda cars are a perfect fit for Uber as they are comparatively fuel-efficient, cheap, and easy to maintain.
With the average Uber earnings being about $15-$22 an hour, the need to get an economical car cannot be understated.
Getting a Honda car with a gas mileage of 28 mpg and above is a good start.
You also need to maintain it well and develop good ties with your clients if you want to make good money.